Every month we ask an Istanbul local the same ten questions. This way you can hear firsthand what they love and hate about the city, and learn about the best places to wine, dine and shop in town. Today Dumrul Alcici, aged between 36-45 and active as a manager, shares his Istanbul secrets.
1. Where do you live, and what makes your neighborhood special?
I live in Etiler, in the Beşiktaş district. Although it is a residential area located in the city center it is still very quiet.
2. What does a perfect day in Istanbul look like for you?
I prefer nice spring weather over the summer heat. It starts with a nice brunch by the Bosphorus . After that some (window) shopping, followed by quality entertainment at night.
3. Where would you take first time Istanbul visitors to?
I’m a bit traditional here I guess. I would take them to the historical sites in Sultanahmet.
4. Do you have any shopping preferences and/or secrets?
I prefer shopping malls and department stores. Very little secrets to share while shopping there.
5. What is according to you the best souvenir people should take back home?
In my opinion the Grand Bazaar is the best spot to find suitable souvenirs. There is such a huge variety that everybody should be able to find something they like.
6. What is your favorite restaurant, and why?
I like Vogue  (see opening picture) a lot. It has a nice view, and they serve even better food.
7. What Turkish dish should visitors really try out?
Turkish cuisine is famous for its huge variety of kebabs. But if there is one type people should really try, then it’s Iskender Kebab. Just make sure you order it in a ‘Bursa’ restaurant to get the authentic flavor and taste.
8. What is your favorite drink, and the best place to order it?
I love sipping on a mojito at Anjelique, a nightclub located in Ortaköy .
9. What is your favorite bar or night club?
I love chilling out at Nuteras . They have an excellent restaurant and bar with a magnificent view.
10. What do you love and/or hate about Istanbul?
I love the diversity of people and food. Just like all other inhabitants of Istanbul, I hate the traffic.
[Photo Source ]