Just like everywhere else in the world, some Istanbul taxi drivers have several tricks up their sleeve to hustle unaware tourists . The most common practice is to extend the travel duration by making (huge) unnecessary detours. And since you’re not an Istanbulite, they’re pretty confident that you wouldn’t notice — and you won’t! But with this list of Istanbul taxi fares from Taksim and Sultanahmet to the most common tourist destinations, you are sure to pay the correct cab fare!
Last Updated: 06/09/2014
Istanbul Taxi Flat Rate and Increments
- When you enter the taxi, the driver will activate the meter. The display should read 3,2 TL — the current flat rate.
- This fare is incremented with approximately 2 TL every kilometer.
- If a taxi gets caught up in traffic and doesn’t move or has to wait on your behalf for over 5 minutes, 0.35 TL will be added per minute.
- There used to be a night and day rate, but that has been abolished. Don’t let him tell you different!
Taxi Fares from the Atatürk International Airport (and vice versa)
- to Sultanahmet — 43 TL
- to Taksim — 53 TL
Taxi Fares from the Sahiba Gökçen Airport (and vice versa)
- to Sultanahmet — 98 TL
- to Taksim — 85 TL
- Shocking fares, right? Here are better options on how to get from the Sabiha Gökçen Airport to your hotel! 
Taxi Fares from Sultanahmet (and vice versa)
- to Akmerkez Shopping Mall — 27 TL
- to Bebek — 33 TL
- to Beşiktaş — 20 TL
- to BuzAda — 29 TL
- to Cehavir Shopping Mall — 17 TL
- to Dolmabahçe Palace — 15 TL
- to Fatih — 12 TL
- to Galata Tower — 15 TL
- to İstiniye Park Shopping Mall — 35 TL
- to Kadıköy — 46 TL
- to Kanyon Shopping Mall — 25 TL
- to Metrocity Shopping Mall — 25 TL
- to Nişantaşı — 19 TL
- to Ortaköy — 25 TL
- to Pierre Loti Cafe — 19 TL
- to Reina — 27 TL
- to Rumeli Hisarı — 37 TL
- to Taksim — 13 TL
- to Yıldız Park — 23 TL
Taxi Fares from Taksim (and vice versa)
- to Akmerkez Shopping Mall — 21 TL
- to Bebek — 25 TL
- to Beşiktaş — 8 TL
- to BuzAda — 19 TL
- to Cehavir Shopping Mall — 11 TL
- to Dolmabahçe Palace — 7 TL
- to Fatih — 14 TL
- to Galata Tower — 12 TL
- to İstiniye Park Shopping Mall — 32 TL
- to Kadıköy — 39 TL
- to Kanyon Shopping Mall — 22 TL
- to Metrocity Shopping Mall — 22 TL
- to Nişantaşı — 9 TL
- to Ortaköy — 17 TL
- to Pierre Loti — 39 TL
- to Reina — 17 TL
- to Rumeli Hisarı — 23 TL
- to Sultanahmet — 13 TL
- to Yıldız Park — 13 TL
Please Use Common Sense
- Print or copy this list prior to your departure for Istanbul. You may not be able to browse this site while you’re in the taxi.
- These fares are indications based on rides I took myself. They are correct and up-to-date, but Istanbul road conditions change every day. Don’t argue with your driver or call for the police unless the meter shows a significant deviation from the fare mentioned here.
[Photo Source ]