Frequently Asked Questions
Below you find a list of frequently asked questions by previous Witt Istanbul Hotel guests. Chances are that your question has been asked and addressed before, so please do browse through the list. However, if you can’t find your specific question in the list below, by all means share it with us via the Witt Istanbul contact form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
- Which credit cards does Witt Istanbul Hotel accept?
- Is the room rate per person or per room?
- Are breakfast and taxes included in the room rates?
- Does Witt Istanbul have fitness or jogging facilities?
- Can Witt Istanbul arrange an airport pick-up service?
- Does Witt Istanbul have a car park?
- What is the bedding in the rooms?
- Can I use my mobile phone in Istanbul?
- How far is Witt Istanbul from Sultanahmet (old city), Taksim and the Bosphorus?
- Is it safe to walk to the hotel at night?
- Can I pay with Dollars, Euros, Turkish Liras, or both. What do I bring and where can I get the best exchange rates?
- What are the opening and closing hours of the most popular sightseeing spots in Istanbul?
Which credit cards does Witt Istanbul Hotel accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Diners and Amex credit cards, but we do not accept Traveller’s Cheques. We can charge Euro currency to Visa and MasterCards. However, Amex only accepts Turkish Liras to be charged. We apply daily exchange rates announced by Turkish Central Bank.
Is the room rate per person or per room?
All of our rooms have a king size bed only, except for the Queen Panoramic with Terrace which has a queen size bed. Therefore, the room rate is the same whether it is occupied by 1 or 2 persons.
Does Witt Istanbul have fitness or jogging facilities?
We do not have a fitness center inside the hotel, but a close by center provides discounted daily rates for our guests. Unlike many other European cities, Istanbul is not a jogging-friendly city. Your best bet is probably a run along the Bosphorus, down from the hotel in the direction of Beşiktaş.
Can Witt Istanbul Hotel arrange an airport pick-up service?
Of course we can. You can cross the respective request while making your online reservation, or you can send your request by mail to the Witt Istanbul Hotel front desk.
What is the bedding in the rooms?
Every single one of our suites/guest rooms has king size beds, except for the Queen Panoramic with Terrace which has a queen size bed. Extra beds are not available, but a baby cot is free of charge.
Can I use my mobile phone in Istanbul?
Of course you can. Either check the roaming details of your current mobile operator or use a Turkish SIM card. The choice is yours of course. If you would like to obtain a local SIM card, please check out the major Turkish mobile operator sales offices (Vodafone, Turkcell or Avea) at the airport for advice and the latest promotions.
Can I pay with Dollars, Euros, Turkish Liras, or both. What do I bring and where can I get the best exchange rates?
Please read the Istanbul Money Strategy: Cash Or Credit Card? in our Witt Magazine for a detailed overview of all possibilities and our recommendations.
What are the opening and closing hours of the most popular sightseeing spots in Istanbul?
Check out the Public, National and Religious Holidays in Turkey entry in our Witt Magazine for more details.